Friday, March 19, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Tomorrow is the first day of spring, and here in south central Kansas we are having winter all over again!  It is sleeting and snowing, the ground is covered, and the prediction is for blizzard-like conditions in parts of the state!  No worries here!  I've got a nice fire in the fireplace, hot chocolate in hand, and my furry kids all around.  We're cozy and warm!

Kristin over at Retro Cafe Art Gallery is having a giveaway of 3 copies of the new book, "Teach Yourself Visually-Collage and Altered Art".  I have another of the "Teach Yourself Visually" book series, and they are a great resource.  I'm excited to see this one.  Go visit Kristin to enter her giveaway. 

I'm also excited to show you a piece of art I recently purchased.  This is a hand formed pottery ornament by Kansas artist, Carol Long.  Carol does amazing, whimsical pottery, and I've admired her work for years.  She always shows at the Wichita Lawn, Flower and Garden Show, and finally, I'm the proud owner of one of her pieces!

Isn't it fun!?

And one more thing about which I'm excited...Here is a piece of my own artwork for you to see:

This ATC looks like it is for St. Patty's Day, and you may be wondering what the 560 is about.  Well, I'll explain it to you.  I mentioned in an earlier post that I sing in the Emerald City Chorus.  We are a local chapter of Sweet Adelines International, and each region has a contest each spring, in which every chorus in the region competes.  My chorus is singing an Irish package for our contest, and both of our songs mention the shamrock, hence the shamrock on my ATC.  The 560 represents the overall score we hope to achieve this year.  Every member of my chorus was asked to make something for our bulletin board with the number 560 on it.  Some of the posts have been very clever!  One of the girls printed off the numbers in Roman numerals.  Another printed pictures of sign language showing 560.  One girl framed the numbers and decorated the frame.  Some are blingy and some are simply numbers written or drawn on a piece of paper.  I chose to do an ATC.  My shamrock is a vintage image from Scrap Smart.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing it.

I hope your weekend finds you happy and relaxed and having fun!  After working around the house tomorrow, I hope to work on a couple of mini albums and my sweetheart and I plan to go to a movie.
Bonnie



1 comment: